Building Access Request
Faculty members and/or supervisors should initiate access requests for the students, staff and other users in their labs.
NOTE: ONLY faculty members (or designated lab managers) are allowed to submit access requests.
This process gives faculty more control over who has access to their labs and streamlines notifications. This process also:
- Expedites the process to allow student access to labs quickly, typically within three working days.
- Reduces miscommunication.
- Eliminates multiple email notifications related to other faculty members’ students.
- Provides the option to limit access to a designated time period vs. granting open-ended access.
- Gives ICTAS Facilities all necessary information in one simple step.
- Satisfies FERPA requirements.
We welcome feedback on this process. Please send any suggestions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for PI/Supervisor Submitting Building Access Request for Students/Employees
Because the previous Request for Access was phased out by its provider, we will no longer be able to accept requests from the prior access request form link. We are now utilizing an access request template - you may find the template here. A separate email must be sent for each individual request. Please email the completed template to email@example.com. Your students/employees should be granted access within three business days.
Please let us know of any problems you encounter.
Access to Secure Spaces
All ICTAS labs are secured and require access through a Hokie Passport specific to the approved individual. Please note the following:
- Do not share your Hokie Passport cards with anyone.
- Please ensure secured doors close behind you.
- Do not let anyone into the space unless you know who they are and know they have approved access.
- If someone needs access to the space, they will need to work with their PI or Supervisor to request access as described above.
- Do not prop open doors.
If you notice the door to your space is not closing properly, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If someone you do not know requests entry to a space, please have them contact a PI or designee to arrange access.
Due to IP and ITAR restrictions, ICTAS Facilities staff will no longer provide entry for visitors or others requesting access to space without approval from the PI or designee.